University Applicants to BHSc (Honours) Level 2 for September 2022
Level 2 Transfer Applicants from another University:
- OUAC Application deadline date is April 1st.
- Must submit a final University transcript to the Admissions Office no later than June 1st.
Level 2 Transfer Applicants from McMaster University:
- Apply through Mosaic. Level 2 Program Application available in April (refer to the Registrar’s Office website for specific open and close dates).
- Level 2 transfer applicants are not eligible to apply for the BHSc Child Health Specialization (ie. sub-plan) in Mosaic. If you apply for a sub-plan your application will not be reviewed for BHSc (Honours) and you will be considered ineligible.
Information for All Level 2 Transfer Applicants:
- Enrolment is limited.
- Transfer applicants are ineligible to apply to the BHSc Child Health Specialization. If a Level 2 transfer applicant receives an admission offer and would like to be considered for the BHSc Child Health Specialization they will be considered on a case by case basis, only if space permits. There is no guarantee that space will be available in the specialization. Therefore, it is critical that if you apply to BHSc (Honours) that you are interested in the core stream.
- We do not consider applicants to this program if they have completed a University undergraduate degree or if they have completed more than one year of University undergraduate studies.
- Supplementary Applications will be reviewed for those applicants who satisfy the grade and course requirements.
- Applicants will be selected based on both their academic qualifications and their scores on the BHSc Supplementary Application.
- If you are an Indigenous applicant and wish to be considered under the Facilitated Indigenous Admissions Program (FIAP), more information is available here. You should apply for the BHSc (Hons) Program as per the usual procedure in addition to completing a FIAP application.
- If you are a Black applicant and wish to be considered under the Equitable Admissions for Black Applicants (EABA) process, more information is available here. You should apply for the BHSc (Hons) Program as per the usual procedure, and you will be invited to self-identify for the EABA at the time when we send out emails with details about submission of the supplementary application.
Level 2 BHSc (Honours) Supplementary Application for 2022
INSTRUCTIONS for LEVEL 2 APPLICANTS
The Level 2 Application is for CURRENT UNIVERSITY STUDENTS in their FIRST YEAR
Questions are available on the BHSc (Honours) Program website for you to review in advance. We recommend that you draft your responses early in preparation for submitting the supplementary application when it becomes available.
The supplementary application system will be available in early May, at which time you will receive an email with additional instructions. Current McMaster students will receive the information at their McMaster email address; applicants from other universities will receive the instructions to the email you provide on your OUAC application.
Once you receive the email in early May, you will have a window in which to complete the supplementary application. The exact dates will be included in the email sent to you from the BHSc office.
If you do not submit the supplementary application by the deadline date stated in the email that you receive from us, you will not be considered for admission to the BHSc (Honours) Program.
After you have successfully submitted your supplementary application, you will receive an email confirmation with your answers that have been received.
Important things to keep in mind:
- Please do not include any personal identification (like your name) in your supplementary application responses
- Each question has a limit of 1,500 characters of plain text (no bold, italics, underline are accepted) which includes punctuation and spaces (line breaks will count as characters towards your text limit). If you use citations/references, it will count towards the maximum 1,500 characters per question. For best results, type into the box, or copy and paste from plain text (Microsoft Notepad or Apple Notes). Copy and paste from word processors (Microsoft Word, Google Docs or Apple Pages) may result in inaccurate character counts.
- You have only one attempt to complete this supplementary application. Once you click submit, you cannot go back to edit your answers.
- Ensure you have enough time to complete the application in one sitting. Once you begin the supplementary application, there is no way to pause or save your responses to resume later. You must complete it at that time.
- If you use enters/return, or line breaks, you must ensure that your cursor is inside the text box. Otherwise, when you start to type you may accidentally submit your response.
- Do not use tabs or the tab key, as it may cause your cursor to leave the text area, and you may accidentally submit your response.
- For the best experience, use an up-to-date web browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari) on Windows or MacOS and avoid using mobile devices or tablets. Do not open the online supplementary application with multiple browser tabs, or simultaneously with different browsers.
- The link you will receive is unique to you. Do not share it. You can only use it one time. Be sure you are ready to complete it in one sitting.
- We do not accept any additional documentation (e.g. resume, extracurriculars, etc).
- The BHSc office does not provide guidance on how you should respond to the questions.
- The supplementary application must be completed entirely by you. Posting your answers on the internet, whether draft or final, use of paid admissions consultants or otherwise working with others to prepare your responses is not permitted and may result in removal from the applicant pool.
- Please refer to updates on the BHSc website. We will post an update on the website once we distribute the email with your information to access the online supplementary application.
If you have any questions, please refer to the Future Students FAQ.
If your questions are not answered there, you can contact the BHSc (Honours) Program Office at email@example.com for assistance.